#bookaday Days 11-15


#11  Second hand bookshop gem.
I found this at a second hand book shop in Holland. Link to my review .



#12  I pretend to have read it.
The Jewel in the Crown by Paul Scott. I loved the mini-series set in the British Raj but could never get into the book for some reason.


#13 Makes me laugh.
Wodehouse is fantastic! This hilarious madcap shipboard comedy of misunderstandings is really a gem.


#14 An old favorite
It's been about 20 years since I first read The Secret History by Donna Tartt but I still consider it one of my favorite books. Strangely enough, I didn't really care for her other two novels, The Little Friend and The Goldfinch.




#15 Favorite fictional father.
Mr.Bennett of course from Pride and Prejudice!

Comments

  1. I do like that Rumer Godden cover. Has a 60s feel to it. I believe the books was published in the 1960s. Wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wodehouse and have jotted down the title of the book you mentioned. And I'm with you on P&P :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts